Lumberyard GDC Demo 2018 / Axis Studios
Project I did at Axis Studios.
Pipeline projects / Tools:
Artist friendly adapter to make the Axis animation pipeline work for Amazon Lumberyard.
- In engine tools to assemble animation data from Autodesk Maya into the Lumberyard engine.
- One-click solution that builds cameras, characters and props on the right track for the correct shot.
- Worked together with rigging TD to create an Autodesk Maya export pipeline.
- In engine Perforce toolsets. (Submitting and syncing changes.)
- Shader preset tool to quickly setup shaders. (Initialize shader for new characters, automatically assign all texture files)
- Day to day tools support for the art and rigging teams. (Including writing the project wiki + documentation.)
Shader instantiate tool:
- Checks for any published textures for this asset.
- Creates a default shader / material file on disk.
- Assigns all the correct texture paths.
- Displays status for each asset.
- Checks the new shader into Perforce.
Allowed asset artists to quickly prepare new assets in engine.
Trackview assembler tool:
- Main tool to re-import and update the cinematic sequences.
- Rebuilds the cinematic tracks based on the current active level. (Under the do_not_edit_group)
- Looks for the correct published camera FBX and character animation data.
- Builds shot cameras, characters and props using the correct level offsets. (Different sequences had different world offsets.)